Our immune system fights for us every day. It is the key to fighting off the viruses that are everywhere today. The aging process is closely related to our immune systems strength. The immune system has the task of knowing what is self(good) and that which is non self(foreign) and then destroys that which is nonself. We are born with a functional immune system and it grows to adapt and defend us.
We see this system of immunity as a connective web, much like we need to be as a community during times of hardship. I believe that if we want to prevent weakening our immune systems, we want to be living a life that prioritizes sleep, clean eating and exercise.
I believe that fresh fruit, garlic, mushrooms and fresh green veggies in our diet help to support our body’s strength and resilience against external pathogens. Limiting alcohol and pushing water(especially if you get a sore throat) is a necessary tool for detoxifying. No processed foods or fast foods please. It’s time to stay home and cook, clean and go inward one more time before this winter ends. You know I believe in your body’s wisdom to heal and defend!
Below is a list of supplements and their general uses that I believe help our immunity. If you’re a patient of mine you’ll be familiar with these recommendations. I’ll be checking emails daily so please email us if you need anything.
- Vit A is a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- B Complex are anti stress vitamins
- Zinc is very important for immunity
- Astragalus is our best prevention and immune enhancing herb It’s a powerful antioxidant and protects the liver from toxins( discontinue is fever occurs)
- Fermented mushroom blend is a known anti viral/bacteria aid
- Amino Acids aids in protein absorption(blood) and helps detoxify
- Chlorella (supports liver with nutrients needed to detoxify
- Black Radish root is a detox aids for the liver
- Lobelia aids immunity and helps lung tissue stay strong
- HCL with meals will help your Gut breakdown your food/drink to optimize nutirent absorbtion
- Gan Mao Ling, Isatis, Ge Gen Tang, Jade Windscreen are my top four immune enhancing formulas.
Sarah and staff at HLA